Had a great day at Disney yesterday! A very, very long day, lol, but a wonderful one. A friend got us free tickets to the taping of the Christmas parade that’ll air Christmas morning, so there’s a chance I’ll be on TV! While looking super happy and smiling in the proper Disney way that is, lol! I Twittered while I was there, and I’ll repost the parade tweets here.
So many fun parts to the day:
- Getting up early was a bitch lol, but we were rewarded. We got to the park around 6:30 am, as the taping was supposed to start at 7 am. Well, the entirety of the production that is the taping of the parade got underway at 7, but the actual performances didn’t start until around 9 am, and the parade itself didn’t happen until maybe 11:30. Ah well. That’s TV for ya. ;-)
- Here are my tweets from the taping experience:
- At disney, just off monorail, being funneled to parade site…yay for chilly morning too! Sat, Dec 6, 2008 7:00 AM
- Waiting at the staging area…and there’s a rainbow! Awww, it’s all magical at Disney. Sat, Dec 6, 2008 7:21 AM
- Finally in place along parade route. Now we wait some more. At least the spotlights are warm lol! Sat, Dec 6, 2008 8:01 AM
- We are being told that we have to be smiling and happy when filming starts. Heh. No frowns allowed! Sat, Dec 6, 2008 8:13 AM
- Still waiting…guess Regis is doing his hair. Sat, Dec 6, 2008 8:49 AM
- Doing test shots now lol…cheer people cheer! Sat, Dec 6, 2008 9:16 AM
- Gonna do Supercalifragilisticxpealadcious (however you frakking spell that) in a bit…now I really am excited hehe Sat, Dec 6, 2008 9:18 AM
- 800 dancers lined up and ready to go…and we wait some more lol Sat, Dec 6, 2008 9:41 AM
- Still filming the supercalifragilicious number. Look happy! Sat, Dec 6, 2008 10:59 AM
- The parade floats have started, but it’s see one, stop, wait, repeat lol. At least sun’s out but we’re all sweating, lol. Sat, Dec 6, 2008 11:21 AM
- Parade is finally underway…Mickey and Minnie just went by. Awwww. Sat, Dec 6, 2008 12:26 PM
- Ratatouille in a car. Epic win! Sat, Dec 6, 2008 12:30 PM
- I loved the Mickey and Minnie float, but my favorite was Santa in his sleigh and the people in reindeer costumes that walked along the route. Adorable! They ended the parade.
- After the floats, they did more “crowd shots.” All of us who were left along Main Street (not many at this point lol) had fun pretending we were watching floats and looking happy and smiling and whatnot, heh.
- After the parade we finally ate (around 1:30 ish), and while we were enjoying sitting down after the hours of standing, lol, we could see boom cameras still moving around in the distance near the castle and finally, heard someone singing, but not very well. I think we all winced a few times. Then we realized it was Miley Cyrus. We groaned a bit, heh, as none of us like her, but hey, it was a day of freebies, so we decided to head over and watch the taping of one of her performances. We stood back pretty far and had a good sight of the castle, the stage, the whole setup (funny note–they kept trying to get people to go down to the stage & fill in the gaps…no one would, haha. Every preteen girl was already as close to the stage as she could get, and everyone else was like, “No thanks, back here is close enough. LOL!!). Miley’s singing left a lot to be desired, but the backup dancers were fun to watch as were all the Disney characters that were on stage. Lots of beautiful pyro, too.
- After that, time to enjoy the park! We did Tomorrowland (where I got a picture with Stitch! I love him), Fantasyland, etc…all the typical stuff. In Fantasyland I got to see something I’d never seen, which is this little skit where a man gets people to try to pull a sword out of a stone. The kids who are able to lift it he “marries” and announces them as the new prince & princess. It was really cute, and my friend’s daughter was the princess! The man hand-signed these nice certificates for them and everything. Very cute!
- Another first: Saw the 3D show, “Philharmagic Orchestra.” Was really good–I’ve not seen anything 3D in I don’t know how long, and forgot how much fun it can be.
- Got to do the Haunted Mansion and Thunder Mountain after dark–that was great!
- We got a good vantage point to watch the fireworks at 8 pm, and I got to see another first: Tinkerbell flying from the castle to Tomorrowland! As in an actual person, suspended from a wire, lit up with purple twinkling lights, zipping from high on the castle down to Tommorowland. I never knew she did that, and I don’t know how I never knew, lol! It was SO cool to watch, but man oh man, the girl’s got balls to ride that zip line, hahaha.
- The fireworks were spectacular as always. Disney does them better than anyone.
- We then went to nab spots along Main Street to await the Illuminated Night Parade (“SpectroMagic” it’s called now I think) at 10 pm. I loooove the night parade; it’s one of my favorite things, and one of the only things I remember from when I went to Disney as a child.
- After that it was time to leave…around 10:30 pm! Talk about a long Disney day…but worth it!
I’ll snag some friends’ pics and have them up soon. :-)